by Jen Brett
Microsoft Dynamics GP has offered small to mid-sized businesses an easy to use business management solution for more than 25 years. Dynamics GP helps customers reduce the cost and complexity of growing their businesses through:
- Increasing productivity with great end-user experiences customized for each user’s job role
- Streamlining business processes through automation and efficient management tools
- Enabling new ways of working through secure collaboration and shared business processes between companies and their suppliers, customers and partners.
With the 2015 Release, Dynamics GP provides system-wide capabilities that provide more flexibility and options for users to configure their system to best suit their specific needs with:
- Service Based Architecture (SBA) – supports exchange of information between Dynamics GP and other apps, like other Microsoft products, 3rd party applications, and mobile applications. SBA services support operations on resources in modules such as Financials, Inventory, Requisitions, Purchasing, Receivables, Administration, and System Services.
- Companion Applications– lightweight client apps designed for users who need to interact with Dynamics GP to execute a specific task. Common apps are available on popular mobile platforms such as Microsoft Office 365, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, iOs, and Android.
- Document Attachments – allows users to track additional information related to transactions and contacts by attaching pictures, contract, copies of invoices or other related information to records.
- Security Enhancements– include field level security to apply passwords or block access to forms and windows. You can also apply passwords to fields.
- Smartlist Designer– allows users to slice, dice, and filter your business data to provide answers more quickly through SmartLists, one of the most popular features in GP.
- Source Document Trail– track transactions throughout the system with source documents that connect documents together, giving users insight as to where historical transactions flowed through the system.
- Tasks and Reminders– help people work together by assigning and tracking status of tasks.
- Workflow-provides structured steps and approval of business processes through native workflows that can be easily adapted to your particular business needs.
Contact Informed Systems, Inc. to find out more about deploying Dynamics GP 2015 today!